ATOMIC BLADE FIN
The BC1 redefines traditional BC design. Every detail was reexamined. Every material and component was rethought. The new Atomic BC1 is designed for the diver who wants the absolute BEST available.
ATOMIC AQUATICS BladeFins uniquely combine two structural frame designs used in aircraft and Indy race cars. They capture water and contain the flow without spilling it over the edges. The flow of water is channelled down the blade and off the vertical stabilizer edge tips to deliver the power and thrust that only a paddle fin design can provide. The vertical stabilizers on fin tips keep the fin tracking straight up and down with every kick all the while the 2-frame design fully optimizes the paddle fin design and kicking effort.
EZ-LOK Buckle System: easily snap the buckle on and off and be confident that it will not release accidentally. Buckles rotate 180 degrees and straps adjust with a simple pull.
Our personal note: you can easily see the difference between the BladeFin and the X1 BladeFin: look at the amount of high quality black silicone used vs. the lower quality material, the coloured plastic. The BladeFin has way more of the expensive silicone material. This helps to bend the fin more in the middle thus to capture more water with every kick and provide more forwards power. Now look at the X1 BladeFin: you will see much less of the high quality silicone is used resulting in a heavier fin that is capturing less water. You will need more effort to produce the same power.
- Fin type: open heel to use with boots
- Material: dual-composite fin blade
- Blade type: flexing blade
- Heel strap: adjustable, quick-connect swivel buckles
- None-skid footplate
- Available colors: blue, yellow, silver, red, pink, purple
- Available sizes: S (men's US 5.5), M (6-8.5), L (9-11), XL (11.5-13)
- Warranty: 1 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- 1. Power-Loop Monocoque Structure: the engineering term Monocoque means “singleshell” utilizing the external skin to support most of the load area while power is applied through the frame rails.
2. Foot Pocket Power Plate: the Power-Loop Monocoque structure is connected to the sole plate (Power Plate) giving divers a solid feeling like the fin is “bolted” to the foot.
3. Power Rail: the frame rail design on each side of the fin mimics a backbone or spine connecting to the Monocoque.
4. Vertical Stabilizers: oversized stabilizers at fin tips keep the fin tracking straight up and down.
- Ships within: 1-7 business days
Atomic product registration
View full product details